Perdy the Bird of Paradise, XL Tree
Tropical Stunner | Fast Grower | Low Maintenence
Ever had the urge to move to the tropics and sip fruity cocktails on the beach for the rest of your life? Well, having a bird of paradise in your home is about as close as you can get to that without all the drama of uprooting your family and leaving your life behind.
Perdy is extremely low maintenance. She'll like a sunny spot so we would recommend placing her less than 5 feet from a South, West, or East facing window. She can survive in lower light rooms as well and will need watering once every few weeks. Fruity cocktails (for you) and imagining you're in a tropical paradise are highly recommended for maximum enjoyment.
Native to: South Africa
Also known as Strelitzia Nicolai, White Bird of Paradise.
Difficulty: Easy - relatively low maintenance.
Water Check every 5-7 days and water when the top 1-2" of soil is dry.
Grows best in bright light. Will tolerate low light spaces but may take some time to adapt.
Read the full Bird of Paradise Care Guide here.
· A healthy plant from a local nursery,
· Potted in premium soil in a plastic grow pot for easy watering.
· Decorative pots sold separately here.
· Plant height: 40” - 48”
· Nursery Pot: 10" x 10"
· Perdy's Botanical name, Strelitzia Nicolai, commemorates Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, a former queen of Great Britain, and namesake of several Canadian landmarks including Queen Charlotte City in Haida Gwaii, BC, Queen Charlotte Channel between Bowen Island and West Vancouver, and Charlottetown, PEI.
· Although she doesn't bear any fruit, Perdy is a cousin to the banana tree and they are very similar in appearance. 🍌
The plant on screen is the plant you'll get.
We take photos of each new batch of plants to ensure that the plant you receive will be almost identical to the one you see on screen. If you don't think so, we'll give you your money back.
Delivered with care.
We believe the best way to ensure your plant arrives in phenomenal condition and health is to deliver them directly to you ourselves: no boxing your plants up, and no third party couriers. Our plants and pots are always delivered by a friendly Frondly driver with care.
Happy, locally sourced plants.
Plants that are well cared for look the best and last the longest. We only work with local BC greenhouses we know and trust to ensure that all of our plants are as happy and healthy as possible.
The best prices, every day.
Our prices are, on average, 10-25% lower than other speciality plant shops and garden centres. By operating online only, we don't have sales staff or a large, expensive storefront and we pass those savings on to you.