Sustee Water Meter
The easiest, and most beautifully designed water meter we've ever used.
Designed and made in Japan, Sustee makes it simple to know when to water your plant. Sustee's window is blue when your plants have enough water and turns white when it's time to water your plants. It's so simple!
Sustee is different from other moisture meters. It detects your plant's ability to absorb water, not how much water is in the soil, so it works in all kinds of soils and plants.
How to Use
1. Insert Sustee into the soil, within a 20 cm radius of your plant.
2. Ensure that it's deep enough so that the surface of the soil is between the two arrows marked on the meter. ▶◀
3. Water your plant generously the first time. This will activate your Sustee and it will turn blue.
4. When Sustee turns white, it's time to water again. Follow the usual watering amount for the plant and the meter will turn blue again.
Does SUSTEE work for different types of plants?
Yes, it does! There is a beneficial soil moisture range shared by all plants. It's called "available water capacity", which works as a common denominator for moisture management for all plants, preventing them from root rot and drying up.
Sustee helps you to water the right way to maintain this beneficial moisture range.
How long does it take SUSTEE to change colour after watering?
It depends on the amount of water given and the water retention level. The periods given below are rough guides. With some soils it can take up to an hour. Remember to water generously when you use SUSTEE for the first time.
Size Small: Approx. 3 minutes
Size Medium: Approx. 15 minutes
Size Large: Approx. 25 minutes
Still have questions?
Read the full FAQ on Sustee's website here.
· Small: 10mm W × 8mm D × 120mm H
· Medium: 10mm W × 8mm D × 180mm H
· Large: 10mm W × 8mm D × 255mm H
Designed and manufactured in Japan
Locally sourced plants 🇨🇦
We only work with local BC greenhouses that we know and trust so we can offer you high quality, healthy plants.Learn more →
Delivered by hand 🙌🏼
We believe the best way to ensure your plant arrives in phenomenal condition is to deliver by hand. Every order is delivered with care by a friendly Frondly driver.Learn more →
Free, easy returns.
We want you and your new plant to be bff's but if you're not happy, email or call us within 7 days. We'll collect your plant within 48 hours and refund you.Learn more →
Nima T. - Vancouver, BC
Jackie B. - New Westminster, BC
Michelle K. - Port Coquitlam, BC