Perdy the Bird of Paradise, XL
Tropical Stunner | Fast Grower | Low Maintenence
Ever had the urge to move to the tropics and sip fruity cocktails on the beach for the rest of your life? Well, having a bird of paradise in your home is about as close as you can get to that without all the drama of uprooting your family and leaving your life behind.
Perdy is extremely low maintenance. She'll like a sunny spot so we would recommend placing her less than 5 feet from a South, West, or East facing window. She can survive in lower light rooms as well and will need watering once every few weeks. Fruity cocktails (for you) and imagining you're in a tropical paradise are highly recommended for maximum enjoyment.
Native to: South Africa
Also known as Strelitzia Nicolai, White Bird of Paradise.
Difficulty: Easy - relatively low maintenance.
Water Check every 5-7 days and water when the top 1-2" of soil is dry.
Grows best in bright light. Will tolerate low light spaces but may take some time to adapt.
Read the full Bird of Paradise Care Guide here.
· A healthy plant from a local nursery,
· Potted in premium soil in a plastic grow pot for easy watering.
· Plant height: 36” - 42”
· Nursery Pot: 10" x 10"
· Decorative pots sold separately here.
· Perdy's Botanical name, Strelitzia Nicolai, commemorates Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, a former queen of Great Britain, and namesake of several Canadian landmarks including Queen Charlotte City in Haida Gwaii, BC, Queen Charlotte Channel between Bowen Island and West Vancouver, and Charlottetown, PEI.
· Although she doesn't bear any fruit, Perdy is a cousin to the banana tree and they are very similar in appearance. 🍌
Locally sourced plants 🇨🇦
We only work with local BC greenhouses that we know and trust so we can offer you high quality, healthy plants.Learn more →
Delivered by hand 🙌🏼
We believe the best way to ensure your plant arrives in phenomenal condition is to deliver by hand. Every order is delivered with care by a friendly Frondly driver.Learn more →
Free, easy returns.
We want you and your new plant to be bff's but if you're not happy, email or call us within 7 days. We'll collect your plant within 48 hours and refund you.Learn more →
Nima T. - Vancouver, BC
Jackie B. - New Westminster, BC
Michelle K. - Port Coquitlam, BC